Understanding Chess Move by Move - Nunn
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Understanding Chess Move by Move - Nunn.
This new title, the first of its type to explain the dynamic principles that underpin modern chess, uses more than thirty carefully selected games to help the reader understand the most important aspects of the chess struggle. John Nunn, a top-class grandmaster and one of the world's most highly regarded chess writers, explains every move using terms and phrases everyone can understand and shows how key ideas are handled by today's grandmasters.
The book is divided into three main sections: Opening themes, Middlegame themes, and Endgame themes, with an emphasis on understanding principles. Detailed analysis is given only when it is necessary to illustrate key strategic and tactical themes. Anyone interested in learning how to play better chess will benefit from this step-by-step explanation of how chess games are won.
- 240 Pages
- Publisher: Gambit
- Published: 2002
- Notation: Figurine Notation
- 400 B&W Illustrations