Download FREE chess software
Here is FREE chess software that helps you play, study games, print diagrams, and accomplish many other things to study or enjoy chess. There are links to the software websites so you can read more about them and download them directly.
Download and try Shredder 10 Chess Software. This powerful software leads rating lists and is one of the best chess programs for PCs. Powerful chess play with easy handling - adjust to any playing strength. Coach alerts your mistakes and helps you improve! It's a trial version.
Chess Database Analysis and Play
FREE chess database application and PGN reader for Windows 10. Analyze your games using the very strong Stockfish chess engine (rated 3350+). It's an easy to use, intuitive interface designed for viewing and analyzing games. Play over and analyze the games in ".pgn" files downloaded from the web. Automatically add Stockfish variations and annotations to your games. Export and print your games in PDF file format. Visit the project website for more details. Two sample ".pgn" files are included in the download folder, these are "Annotated_Games.pgn" containing 80 deeply annotated games. "Kasparovs_Games.pgn" - Containing 1,798 of Kasparov's games.
Visit the project website to download thousands of games in PGN file format.
Including 950+ annotated games and every world championship game ever played.
- Create a ".pgn" database to store the games you play on https://www.chess.com/
- Play over your games and add variations and comments to your moves.
- Insert move variations nested to any level, using a unique color coded indented layout.
- Analyze your games using the super strong Stockfish 8 chess engine (rated 3350+)
- Run an automatic Stockfish blunder-check to find the mistakes made in any game.
- Annotate your games automatically after running a blunder-check
- Filter the game list by position - e.g. Find all games after 1. e4 c5 2. Nf3
- Export and print and games with diagrams in PDF file format
- Filter the game list by player, event, result or FIDE rating, then view game statistics
Feature-rich chess game viewer and editor. It can create and manage chess databases with search functions and multi-game tools. You can create richly annotated games and diagrams and print them, or use them in Wordpad, Word, or HTML pages. Also, use chess engines Winboard/UCI for playing and analysis.
Shane's Chess Information Database is an open source UNIX, Windows, Linux, and Mac application for viewing and maintaining huge databases of chess games. It has features comparable to popular commercial chess software.