Shipping to International Destinations
We understand the importance of receiving your order safely, affordably, and on time.
With many years of experience serving customers in more than 130 countries, we have established methods for safe delivery of our unique chess products anywhere in the world.
Beyond safe packaging and timely delivery, freight and duty costs are important to consider as a shopper. Our online ordering clearly shows the best shipping rates and import terms to many countries to help save you as much money as we possible can.
- Provide your contact phone number AND email address in case Chess House or the carrier needs to contact you about the shipment. This will help to prevent delay and loss due to returned / abandoned shipments.
- Some International countries require customers to provide their Tax ID or other Government issued number in order to import a shipment. Be sure to provide that information if needed.
- Double check all information you provide especially your address to ensure it is enough information for delivery.
Here's what to expect when shopping Chess House online.
- Shop your favorite unique products and Add to Cart
- After reviewing Cart, Proceed to Checkout and begin filling the form
- Provide destination Shipping Address to review Shipping Options. You'll see both options
- include prepaid duty and taxes or
- excluding estimated duty and taxes you will pay at delivery
- If you like options, continue to pay options and place order.
- You'll receive order confirmation and tracking emails to follow delivery progress.
Do you ship to my country?
We have shipped to more than 130 countries. During checkout, you'll be asked to enter a shipping address. If your country destination is currently shipping in the list of countries, then likely yes.
Shipping to Canada
Although duties and taxes are shown at checkout, it's helpful to know that taxes vary by province from 5% to 15% with added duty in addition. As with most countries, you can now simply choose to prepay duties while ordering or have them due at delivery. Here is more info about taxes to Canada. Remember that our U.S. made products are generally free of duty to Canada, for example our JLP products.
What shipping options are available?
These carriers and service levels are currently in use.
- FedEx International Economy (5-7 days to most countries) / FedEx International Priority (3-5 days to most countries)
- Post Office Priority (3-14 business days depending on destination)
- Freight Forwarding for large orders through U.S. contractor.
Tax and Duty
We now conveniently show estimated tax and duty with shipping options during checkout. In most cases, you'll be able to choose to prepay tax with shipping, or pay for shipping only. In that case you'll need to be prepared to pay tax and duty at time of delivery.
Assurance and Guarantees
In addition to careful packing by experienced team members, you are provided with tracking by email immediately after your order ships. Your order is also insured against damage or loss. Our team is ready and available if you have any questions at any time.
If exceptions occur such as damage or returns are needed, see section "Returns and more" below.
Payment optionsOrders are prepaid, secure, and must pass fraud detection that protects account holders. When placing your order online, you'll see payment options such as
- Credit Card (AmEx, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Diner's)
- Amazon Payments
When will my order ship?
Paid orders for in-stock products usually ship the same or next day, excluding weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
If your order cannot ship right away, we'll let you know by email the reason and what to expect. Sometimes we need your input. Here are possible reasons for requiring extra time to dispatch your order
- Temporarily unavailable item
- Partially available, waiting for restock so entire order can ship together
- Items to be consolidated from multiple warehouses into single shipment before export
- Fraud alert requiring extra checks
- Clarification of anything in advance that we find should be communicated to avoid future reshipment or returns
Returns and more
All customers in U.S. and International enjoy the same 90 day return guarantee. Products may be returned within 90 days of delivery. Return shipping costs will be paid by the customer and a refund will be provided after it is received back at Chess House.
- Damage or defect
- If a product arrives damaged, contact us and provide digital photos of both the product and packaging. Save everything including the packaging while we work with you to determine an equitable replacement or credit.
- Undelivered shipments
- If a package is returned with no fault of Chess House and needs to be reshipped, Chess House may request payment for shipping fees before reshipping. If the order is then cancelled, the shipping fees may not be refundable.
- Customer service
- For help with any order issue, please contact us through Help link in the lower corner of the browser window. A friendly team member will be glad to advise and assist.