|International Shipping Advice
||We understand how important it is for you to receive merchandise reliably. Shipping internationally can also be expensive. That's why we offer multiple options with various cost, speed, and reliability. Generally if you pay more you can expect better reliability and speed.
We recommend that you choose a shipping method with tracking such as
USPS Express International (EMS) (more info at USPS.com)
UPS Worldwide Expedited (complete info at UPS.com)
- Affordable and fast to more than 180 countries
- 3-5 days in most cases.
*Remember delivery time is in addition to shipment preparation time. In most cases that is same or next day. But there are some exceptions so you may want to read When will my order ship?
- Ships to more than 220 countries and territories
- Door-to-door service with in-house customs clearance
- Up to three delivery attempts
- 2 business days to Canada
- 2 or 3 business days to Mexico
- 3 or 4 business days to Europe
- 4 or 5 business days to Asia, Latin or South America
Other shipping methods without tracking cost less, but come without the convenience of tracking. If you are in no hurry these may be acceptable to you. However, in the event there is a delay or the package is taking much longer than expected, there is simply no way to check on the status.
Post office delivery time vary from times estimated. We do our best to ship carefully and promptly and have a very good track record. If a package is appears to be lost or taking too long, we look at each situation carefully to see if there is a way to assist.
Other International Shipping Options
Priority Mail International.
- Generally 6-10 business days.
- Some tracking progress is usually available.
First Class Mail International. (Shown as "Standard International" when placing your order).
Chess House cannot be responsible for lost packages shipped via Standard International.
- While this is usually the lowest cost option, deliveries generally take between 7-21 days to arrive, although the USPS does not guarantee delivery dates or times.
- Mail may travel to its destination by ground, air or a combination of both.
- Very limited, or almost no tracking information is provided.
- Should a package get lost, USPS does not allow investigations with this shipping method.
Purchasing Securely and Minimizing Fraud
||ChessHouse serves many wonderful and honest clients in over 130 countries. To protect ourselves and our customers from use of credit cards by fraudulent would-be buyers, we have developed effective fraud protection measures in addition to industry standard secure shopping measures. With these in place, we have a perfect score of no compromise and prevent those that attempt to purchase fraudulently nearly 100%.
If you pay with a credit card
As you develop a buying history, you can expect orders to be processed quickly.
- We take measures to screen and prevent fraud, especially on first time orders.
- You can expect to be contacted by email initially.
- If a fraud risk is determined, we will put the order on Pending status and investigate immediately.
- We may need further information from you in order to clear the order, and we will cancel or void orders that do not prove legitimate.
||Insurance is automatically included on packages with tracking sent by USPS Express Mail EMS or UPS Worldwide or UPS Standard to international destinations.
Returns, Exchanges, and Customer Service
Returns and Exchanges
Refunds are accepted under the standard 90 day return policy. This means you have 90 days from the date of order to initiate and mail the return. You will pay shipping costs to return the product. When the product is received, the product amount is refunded to the credit card or payment method issued, or optionally issued as a store credit if desired.
Damaged or defective on delivery
If a product arrives damaged, email customer service with digital photos of both the product and packaging. We will work with you to determine an equitable replacement or credit.
Reshipping of returned packages
If a package is returned as undeliverable through no fault of Chess House and needs to be reshipped, Chess House may request payment for shipping fees before reshipping.
Shipping to Canada
USPS (Post office)
Express EMS offers tracking and is the safest and fastest delivery (3-5 days)
Priority International tracking to many, not all countries. (6-10 days on average)
Standard International, lowest cost
- Over 4 lbs. standard mail (USPS First Class), sometimes long transit time. Varies by country.
- Under 4 lbs. low cost standard mail (USPS First Class) delivery time varies by country. No time guarantees offered.
UPS Worldwide Expedited (2-3 days)
- Benefit: brokerage fees already included
UPS Worldwide Express (Extremely Urgent)
- Benefit: brokerage fees already included
UPS Standard (Ground 4-6 days)
- UPS Standard offers lowest up front rates, however brokerage and duties are charged on delivery.
With this ground shipping option we have a discount brokerage agreement with UPS that can save you money.
Canada Customs requires Canadian recipients to pay applicable duties and taxes on each shipment entering Canada. These charges may include PST, GST, HST, duties and other taxes of goods (e.g. excise tax). A brokerage fee is also charged to process shipments and present the requisite customs paperwork to Canada Customs on the importers behalf.
Your order will be shipped under UPSs e-Tailer Brokerage Program (eBP), where eligible shipments imported into Canada for non-commercial purposes and valued under CAD$ 200 shipped via UPS Standard service are subject to a reduced brokerage fee of CAD$ 10, plus any applicable duties and taxes. Shipments valued at CAD$200 and above and/or being imported to Canada for commercial purposes and/or subject to specialized clearance may incur additional fees.
Please, be aware that UPS will request payment of these charges at the time of delivery. You have the ability to call UPS ahead of time (1-800-742-5877) to pay these charges, eliminating the need for payment on delivery.
What are the brokerage rates UPS will assess?
Value $0-20 (free)
$20 - $40 ($10)
$40 - $100 ($10)
$100 - $200 ($10)
$200 - $350 ($48.40)
$350 - $500 ($54.35)
$500 - $750 ($61.75)
$750 - $1000 ($69.10)
$1000 - $1250 ($76.50)
$1250 - $1600 ($81.30)
Do you ship to my country?
If your country appears in the Country list during shipping calculation at checkout, then yes. We have shipped to over 133 countries.
||During the checkout process you may choose one of these payment options. Please note that we will not ship your order until we receive your payment.
Wired payments are NOT currently accepted.
- MONEY ORDER
- CASHIER'S CHECK
|When will my order ship?
||Paid orders for in-stock products usually ship the same or next day, excluding weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
If your order cannot ship right away, you will generally be contacted with an explanation for your input. Here are the most common exceptions to same or next day shipping (you are notified by email soon after you make the order)
- Out of stock items
- Orders for multiple items where one or more is back ordered and is expected in stock soon
- Orders for multiple items that need to be consolidated from another warehouse into one single shipment
- Products that are held in a warehouse that does not ship internationally. (It is then brought to a different warehouse for international shipment)
- There is a question about the shipping address provided or additional information is needed to ship.