1...d6: Move by Move - Lakdawala
About the 1...d6: Move by Move - Lakdawala
This is a new series which provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved, and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general skills and knowledge.
Author Cyrus Lakdawala is an International Master, a former National Open and American Open Champion, and a six-time State Champion. He has been teaching chess for over 30 years, and coaches some of the top junior players in the US.
- Presents a repertoire for Black with 1...d6
- Includes tactical and strategic exercises
- Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study
- 400 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: December, 2011
- "As with other books by Lakdawala, this book is eminently readable and enjoyable. It has a light tone, but a serious approach and few corners are cut along the way. This is a good repertoire book, because through the study of this book you will learn the theory and the ideas and strategies behind the opening. This all helps the reader gain a broader understanding of the openings included as part of the overall repertoire. I enjoyed reading this book, and players rated from 1600 to 2200 likely will as well. ***** (out of 6)" Carsten Hansen - ChessCafe.com
- "This is a good introductory guide to a lesser-known but completely viable system of Black defenses that work well together. Recommended for players 1800 to 2400." John Donaldson - Jeremysilman.com/Chess Today