Teaching Techniques That Work
Chess educators Laura Sherman and Bill Kilpatrick have created an easy, step-by-step method for teaching chess that parents of all skill levels can use to teach children of any age. You don't have to know how to play in order to use the system. This book will teach you the game, while showing you how to teach your child to play. You will learn together. Chess makes children smarter. Give your child an advantage in life and teach him or her to play today! Chess is Child's Play is a book written by parents, for parents. It is written for YOU! Chess is one of the oldest strategy games known to man. Studies show that children who learn chess at an early age gain such valuable life skills as:
- Problem-solving ability
- Improved patience and focus
- Enhanced imagination Greater self-confidence.
- Laura Sherman founded Your Chess Coach, with her husband, Dan Sherman, teaching chess to children through various schools.
- Bill Kilpatrick, founder of several professional specialty schools, brings an entrepreneurial spirit to chess coaching. Together they provide consulting around the globe helping improve the ability of coaches, parents and educators to teach chess to children.
- 304 Pages
- Publisher: Mongoose Press
- Published: April, 2012