Chess Rules for Students - Bain
About the Chess Rules for Students - Bain
Chess Rules for Students is an instructional workbook designed for students just learning the game of chess and for beginning students returning to the game after an absence. Parents unfamiliar with chess will find this booklet a valuable guide to their child's new interest. Chess Rules for Students is designed with students, coaches, and parents in mind.
- No previous knowledge of chess is necessary.
- Reading level is appropriate for grade school use.
- All major rules of chess are covered.
- Each page is in easy-to-use worksheet format.
- Page-by-page activities assess student understanding.
- Activities are comprehensive, yet easy to correct.
- Student-friendly Answer Key makes self-correction fun.
- 55 Pages
- Published: June 1994
- Notation: Algebraic Notation
This Booklet is a must for new Chess Students and those who might need a refresher course.
My kids love this book! They are six and nine and just learning chess. This book is very easy to follow and thorough as well. There are places where the student draws a line showing the move, practices notation, fills in blanks, etc. It is really ideal and my kids often ask me to get it out so that they can do more lessons. You'll appreciate this one!