Chess Tactics for Students - BainProduct Code: 1200
About Chess Tactics for Students - Bain.
Chess Tactics for Students is a one-of-a-kind instructional workbook designed to help beginners acquire the skills of strong intermediate players. This workbook introduces thirteen basic chess tactics in a variety of frequently encountered positional patterns. With hints to guide them, students solve tactical problems and use algebraic notation to record their answers on large easy-to-correct worksheets. Chess Tactics for Students is based on sound educational principles and was field tested extensively over a four year period with elementary, middle school, and high school students. This workbook is ideal for both classroom instruction and chess clubs.
- 224 pages of worksheets
- 434 carefully selected problems
- instruction sequenced in order of increasing difficulty
- chapters arranged in order of most frequently encountered tactics
- versatile format, enabling both independent and group instruction.
- 252 Pages
- Published: January, 1994
- Notation: Algebraic Notation