Chess Workbook for Children - Bardwick
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Chess Workbook for Children - Bardwick.
It's a wonderful kids chess workbook! Todd wrote this book just for kids, with particular attention to an easier vocabulary. Many basic chess books are seemingly written for adults, but this one is wonderful for youth as young as 6 to 8 years old, or as soon as they can read on their own. At the end of each chapter there are ten easy problems and ten intermediate problems. Of course each chapter covers all the beginning elements starting with How the Pieces Move, Basic Openings, Keeping Scores, Basic Checkmates, etc. This book stands along Teaching Chess for the 21st Century as a perfect compliment. The Workbook for Children is ideal for the kids, while Teaching Chess for the 21st Century is ideal for the chess club teacher.
- Ten problems and ten intermediate problems at the end of each chapter reinforce what has just been taught. The answers are explained very clearly at the end of the book giving you detail as to why each move would be played.
- chess rules and basic strategies
- two hundred problems with comprehensive answer key at two skills levels: Basset Hound (beginner) and Chess Detective (Intermediate)
- tried and true tested analogies that children will relate to so that they will learn chess in an effective and fun way
- chess crossword puzzles and word searches
- chess quotes from famous people
- fun and entertaining illustrations
- Larger font - easier to read
- 8x5" x 11" format
- Teaches algebraic style chess notation - easy to learn and read
- 200 Pages
- Publisher: Chess Detective
- Published: 2006
- Notation: Algebraic Notation