Students now build upon what has been learned in the previous levels, looking 3+ moves ahead, learning not only how to turn an advantage into a win, but also how to create the advantage in the first place!
Ideal for both kids and adults, you will enjoy the clear, accurate, presentation. Most viewers watch each DVD at least several times. Elliott is easy to understand and experienced, and the material is efficiently presented and packed with tips and valuable concepts.
A chess player needs a solid foundation in order to quickly advance through the ranks of chess playing. This video series is designed to lay this solid foundation, building the basics of playing a great chess. The material taught in this series has been developed and taught by National Master Elliott Neff for over 17 years, producing multiple state and national individual and team chess champions.
- Learn the eight "Imbalances" that Coach Elliott uses to "master" planning
- Learn to win the battles between Bishops and Knights
- Learn "Rooks vs. Pawns"
- Learn "Minor Piece Endgames"
- Master Power Checks
- Advanced Pin Strategy
- Discovered Checks/Attacks
- Checkmate Patterns - 3 moves
- King and Pawn endgames III
- King and Pawn endgames IV, Critical Squares
- King and Pawn endgames V, outside passed pawn
- King and Pawn endgames VI, pawn majorities
- King and Pawn endgames VII, pawn breakthroughs
- Planning Level II (Imbalances Overview)
- Material Imbalance
- Space Imbalance
- Pawn Structure Imbalance (overview - there are many types)
- Superior Minor Pieces (battle of Bs and Ns)
- Control of Key Files and Key Squares (strong squares)
- Lead in Development
- King Safety
- Pawn chains I
- Attacking Castled King
- Opposite side castling - pawn storms!
- Competition Rules and Tips
- King and 2 Bishop Mate
- Rook vs. pawns
- Minor pieces endgames I
- Bughouse/Siamese Chess
- Blindfold I
- Contains 1 DVD
- Run time: 200+ minutes