Condition: Open Box
Garage Sale items: These are deals on imperfect or one-of-a-kind items that may be new, but not regular stock. Imperfect items have small scratches or dents that disqualified them as new during our quality control checks at the warehouse. Defects may at times be hardly noticeable and at other times quite obvious. Effort is made to portray products accurately.
Original Item Description:
The new ChessGenius Exclusive is a handmade, elegant wooden sensor-board with a size of approximately 40 x 40 x 2 cm, with 81 LEDs as move indicators and a most comfortable fully automatic piece-detection, which is achieved by a new technology, The computer unit is located in a separate cabinet with a generously sized display.It offers numerous display possibilities similar to th earlier world-class computers from Mephisto, and can - very practical - also be used as chess-clock during a match. The comfortable handling of the fully automated board, in particular the detection speed and reliability, is exceptional. As the 4 LEDs flash-up brightly for each field, a look st the computer display is no longer necessary during the game.
The cable connection between the clock and the chessboard makes it not only possible to exchange the hardware module, it further allows future software updates to be made via the integrated USB-interface. An ARM Cortex M7 processor with 300 MHz and a significantly increased Flash and RAM-memory serves as motor for the hardware.
First assessments estimate the tournament strength of the ChessGenius Exclusive to range between 2350 and 2400 ELO, which ever surpasses the performance level of the legendary Mephisto world champion computers (which at that time used to cost more then 10,000 Deutschmarks!) Thanks to the new development from Munich, these devices have finally found their worthy successor - very much to the delight of chess computer enthusiasts all over the world.
- Measures approx. 40 x 40 x 2 cm
- Hardware equipment: ARM Cortex M7 / 300MHz / 2048 KB ROM / 384 KB RAM
- Entering chess positions: handcrafted wooden sensor-board with automatic piece-detection
- Display of chess moves: 81 single-field LED (each 4 per field)
- Display in LCD: separate chess clock-module with very large display (73 x 39 mm), adjustable back-lighting and flexible display options (Chess clock, multi-line Info- displays, entire chess field)
- Future possibilities of expansion by software updates via USB-interface
- Hardware module can be replaced entirely
- Options for the USB interface: memorizing of parties, optional download of opening libraries, firmware- updates or engines
- Power supply and connection with adapters for international sockets
- Programming author: Richard Lang
- Program: Development based on popular world-champion programs
- Playing strength: > 2300 ELO (tournament level)
- Various playing levels: suitable for advanced players, very good club- and tournament players up to international tournament levels
- Playing levels: many difficult grades; including fun levels (computer produces mistakes), easy playing levels (limit of the calculated positions), flash- and fast- chess playing, tournament playing with or without Fischer- clock, a.s.o.
- CPU- speed: 50 -300 MHz adjustable
- Opening library; range between Classic London Book (57.000 Positionen) such as the new Master Book (>300.000 Positionen) by M. Uniacke
- Menu: cursor-guided; Information- display with 5 lines, can be scrolled, 7 languages
- 2- player mode: for party- entries and Analyzing
- Nearly endless number of maneuvers - numbers back and forward moving
- Chess trainer: includes extensive warning and help functions
Equipped with extensive Features:
- Display of proposals for the moves
- Display of position evaluation and main variant
- Display of the permanent brain calculations
- Display of the move number
- Display of the depth of the calculation and the number of calculated shifts
- Very easy input of chess positions (with automatic piece-detection)
- Varoius playing- modes
- Position control with board display
- Analyzing mode with many options
- Auto- playing mode
- Alternative moves
- Versatile setting options (display contrast, turn over the board, calculator speed, position of chess clock left or right, and more)
- Wooden sensory chessboard
- Wooden chessmen
- Power supply with adaptors EU/GB/US (240V / 110V)
- Connenction cables Computing Unit - Board
- Instructions (Click here to find the Electronic Manual and PGN Tool Link)
I am definitely not the best chess player on the planet or the most qualified to call this the best chess computer. I own 2 sets of DGT smart board and DGT pi chess computer... The DGT is definitely bigger and more official feeling but the chess genius has lights and the interface is super easy to follow. I know it looks like a cheap game controller but I can’t even beat this thing on easy... It is very well made and very fast, actually it is so fast that they suggest to pick up pieces and set them down instead of sliding. The chess pieces are small but satisfying and the chess board will fit in my Large locker at work unlike a DGT board or Square Off chess board... I highly suggest this board! And more importantly Chess House! Give these guys a chance first!