True Combat Chess: Winning Battles over the Board - Taylor
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About True Combat Chess: Winning Battles over the Board - Taylor.
International Master and former US Open Champion Timothy Taylor draws upon his wealth of personal experience to offer an instructive and entertaining account of how to improve your understanding of chess and your results. This book is awash with invaluable advice and helpful tips on all stages of the game - opening, middlegame and endgame. Taylor emphasizes the practical aspects of chess: how to really make the most of your ability; how to win at all costs; and how to absorb the lessons of defeat to come back stronger.
Grab every advantage over your opponents and be in the best possible shape for battle. True Combat Chess will show you the way.
Author Timothy Taylor is an experienced tournament player who has enjoyed several notable successes. He is also a renowned chess writer; one of his previous books, How to Defeat the Smith-Morra Gambit, became a US Chess Federation bestseller, while his first book for Everyman Chess, Bird's Opening, provoked much positive interest. Outside of chess, he is the author of two published novels, Elaine the Fair and Amanda, and he also directed the film Wicked Pursuits.
- An essential guide to winning chess
- Full of useful advice on improving results
- Ideal for players of all levels
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: February, 2009