Select A Board
Select Accessories (Optional)
The full-size tournament style Grandmaster chess set combo with 4" King is hand carved by master artisans from high grade woods. The pieces are heavily weighted for a superb chess playing experience and beautifully finished complete with a luxurious billiard felt base. The robust design can withstand rigorous chess games with no delicate points to break or chip. These Grandmaster chessmen truly combine finesse and function - elegance amid frequent chess matches.
The 21" mahogany wood chessboard is smoothly finished and offers coordinates that help in recording games on chess notation books or replaying and reviewing your own games or those of famous players.
And there are two extra bonus queens for those pawn promotions.
CHESS PIECES - Features and Specs
- 4" King
- 1 3/4" Base
- 32 Pieces + 2 Extra queens for that occasional pawn promotion
- Green felt bases
- Ebonized Boxwood is created when Boxwood is specially stained to the black appearance similar to the desirable Ebony wood. This is ideal for those who like the black contrast at a reasonable price. The light pieces are finished in clear-stain Boxwood as with most sets of chess pieces.
- Handcrafted in India by a firm with excellent craftsmen and no child labor, you can enjoy these responsibly sourced chess pieces will be enjoyed for years.
- If pieces are ever lost or broken, just contact Chess House. That's just one of the many benefits of buying from a store that will recognize your set and be able to replaces pieces in most cases many years later.
Due to slight differences in wood and manufacturing, height, weight and base may differ slightly among the different piece options.CHESSBOARD - Features and Specs
- Board size: 21"
- Square size: 2.25"
- Mahogany and Birch veneer finish
- Made in Poland
- Felt pads to protect a table surface
This is an incredible set, both in workmanship, and value. Additionally, the customer service from CH is top notch! I decided after the set arrived that the board was a bit larger than I had space. A quick call to customer service, and Paul confirmed that the 19" board would work with the Grandmaster pieces. He made the swap super easy, and amazingly, I had my new, smaller board the next day. I can't recommend CH and their products enough.
You guys did a great job,highly recomended