2018 World Match
Chess House is celebrating the 2018 World Chess Match by giving away world-class chess merchandise with each round of play!
Share your prediction in this 12 round giveaway with 12 winners!
Winners shown below and updates by email.
Favored World Champion Prediction before final round
Favored Game Prediction before final round
Sunday, November 18 at 7am PST (3pm GMT)
$250 eGift card to Chess House
Wednesday, November 21 at 7am PST (3pm GMT)
Barcelona Grandmaster Chess Set, 4" Pieces and 21" board
Saturday, November 24 at 7am PST (3pm GMT)
JLP Player's Chess Board with Scout Chessmen and Sapele Box
Let's celebrate the historic 2018 World Championship Match together!
By sharing your game predictions for the upcoming round as well as the match overall, you have a great chance of winning fantastic, world-class chess merchandise from Chess House.
Participating is easy!
Click a few multiple choice questions near top of this page. Confirm your entry by email (this prevents spammers from taking entries and increases your odds dramatically).
Increase your chances of winning
Increase your winning opportunities 12x by entering once per match day, up to 12 times of the entire course of the championship match!
How winners are selected
After each match is over, a random entry for that particular game round will be selected from those who correctly predicted the result of that round. The winner will receive the Chess House gift or be offered a gift code valued at 50% of the value of the gift.
Extra grand prize
Anyone that making more than 6 predictions is eligible to be randomly selected for a secret grand prize worth more than $500 at Chess House.
No purchase necessary
Of course, no purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway. Click the Rules tab for details and legal.
No purchase necessary to enter giveaway
Of course, no purchase is necessary to participate in this giveaway.
This 2018 World Chess Match Giveaway runs from November 8 until November 29
No spammers. One entry to person per day allowed.
Attempts to spam will disqualify entry.
Here are the full contest rules (the fine print)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Promotion Description: The 2018 World Match CHESS GIVEAWAY (Sweepstakes) begins on 11/8/2018 at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 11/29/2018 at 12:00 PM (Pacific Time (US & Canada)) (the "Promotion Period"). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Chess House ("Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Open to legal residents of USA & Canada who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received before the end of the Match Game for which the prize is being drawn and received within the Promotion Period. The winning odds depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 12-36 hours after the random drawing for each round. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
12 winners will receive either of the following. If correctly predicting the round winner or a draw, the Giveaway Gift shown on the contest page. If predicting the round draw or loss, the gift card of the value shown.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within USA & Canada. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at www.chesshouse.com/giveaway.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
8. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Chess House cc: 2018 World Match CHESS GIVEAWAY at 705 Grover St Lynden, WA 98264. Request must be received no later than 48 hours + 6 MONTHS for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
9. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Chess House, 705 Grover St Lynden, WA 98264, email@example.com
10. Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Bonus gift for every winner
In addition to the main gift, every winner will receive one of 12 autographed copies of Elliott's new book, A Pawn's Journey