These Anjan wood pieces stand out on the chessboard thanks to the ultra-heavy design and highly visible grain pattern.
Skilled India craftsman have carved all 34 pieces before clear finishing to protect the unique, peppered and streaked grain patterns of the Anjun wood.
Paired with Boxwood, the traditional light color for wood pieces, it's a rich pairing for players who want a chess set that both catches the eye and plays extremely well.
- Foam slots topped with green velour provides individual piece protection
- Protective canvas case with sturdy zipper
- Easy to source replacement pieces from Chess House in the future means you'll never be without a playable set.
- Chess House logo on carrying case
- Made in India
- Storage Case: 16 1/2 x 16 1/2 x 2 1/2" (419 x 419 x 63.5 mm)
- Entire Set & Case Weight: 5.4 lbs
- Entire base green billiard felted
- King height: 3 5/8" (90.5 mm)
- King base: 1 9/16" (39.5 mm)
- King weight: 3.4 oz
- Pawn height: 1 7/8" (47.5 mm)
- 34 Chessmen -- Includes extra queen
- Green billiard cloth felt bases
- Set if pieces weighs 4.1 lb
Gorgeous chess pieces! Nearly an exact replica of the ‘ultimate plastic chess set’.
Purchased with the intention of being my tournament ‘workhorse’ set . Almost too nice for that purpose. Heavily weighted, beautifully finished. One of the bishops wasn’t perfectly matched to its mate. One e-mail to Paul took care of that issue. You guys are great!