Chinese Qin Chess and Checker Set with Pewter Chessmen and Storage
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,669 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Chinese Qin Chess and Checker Set with Pewter Chessmen and Storage.
Qin (pronounced Chin) was the first imperial dynasty in China's long and ancient history. Under the influence of the reformer Shang Yang, China was united for the first time under a system that centralized power, established military prowess, increased trade, exalted the rule of law, and decreased the power of the nobility. During the Qin dynasty the Great Wall of China was built and it is said modern China derives its name from this first dynasty. That world comes alive in our magnificent pewter Chinese Qin Chessmen. Emperors, Concubines, Warriors and of course, The Great Wall are represented in great detail. It's truly a stunning set that you will want to display in a place of prominence. The chessmen come with a gorgeous wooden chessboard with storage drawers for convenient placement of your chessmen.
Our thoughts: These pieces come with a felt underlay on each piece that you, like us, may find is really not adequate for the purpose felts are usually provided, to protect a chessboard surfacing from scratching. You may feel they are fine or you may want to add some felt material on your own. The pewter pieces have an amazing heavy feel and inspiring presence, so it's a pity the felts are less than impressive.
- Sculpted Pewter Chessmen - Chinese Qin Theme
- King height: 3.27"
- Base size: 1.1"
- Total weight of pieces: 6.4 lbs.
- 32 pieces with felt bottom
- Board size: 14.75" and 2.37" tall
- Square size: 2"
- Black stained and natural wood board
- Inlay border and pullout storage drawer