The French Series Chess Men on Maple and Walnut Hardwood Board makes for a perfect centerpiece for any room and an amazing set to play chess.
The pieces have a classic Staunton design, showing quality and craftsmanship to last for countless games. The heavily weighted pieces provide a satisfying feel and the felted bases protect the wooden board and provide a smooth play experience.
The Queen Anne JLP chessboard itself, with its distinctive curved perimeter, handcrafted in Pennsylvania with locally sourced walnut and maple wood, is created with traditional Swiss woodworking techniques from five generations of experience. It takes months of curing, cutting, assembly, and finishing to produce the exceptional quality found with these boards. Its artistry is a testament to the artist's five generations of woodworking expertise.
Features and Specs
- Boxwood and Acacia Pieces
- King height: 3 7/8" (3.85" / 97.5 mm)
- King base: 1 7/16" (1.44" / 36.5 mm)
- King weight: 2.4 oz
- Pawn height: ~2" (1.97" / 50 mm)
- 37.4 oz set weight
- 32 Pieces + 2 Extra queens for that occasional pawn promotion
- Thick green felt bases
- Pieces made in India
- 21" square solid wood chess board
- 2.25" squares and 3/4" thickness
- Board made in the USA