Fritz Trainer Opening: The Sveshnikov Variation of the Sicilian (DVD) - Van Wely
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Fritz Trainer Opening: The Sveshnikov Variation of the Sicilian (DVD) - Van Wely.
The Sveshnikov Variation of the Sicilian, 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e5, also known as Lasker-Pelikan or Cheliabinsk Variation, is one of the most popular and fascinating replies to 1.e4. Right from the beginning, Black is striving for active and dynamic counterplay, and this results in a double-edge struggle for the initiative. In the seventies of the 20th century it was Jevgeni Sveshnikov who worked out the system as a pioneer.
Today, it firmly belongs to the repertoire of many outstanding players like Kramnik, Lautier, Radjabov and Leko. Dutch top grandmaster and six-times national champion Loek van Wely himself has played the Sveshnikov since 1998. On this DVD he comments on his latest encounters with world-class players like Shirov, Anand, Topalov and Kramnik. Nearly all games are from the period 2003-2006. As one would expect in the Sveshnikov, the games abound with combinatorial ideas and sacrifices; a feast for all fans of tactics.
Van Wely focuses on the main variations 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e5 6.Ndb5 d6 7.Bg5 a6 8.Na3 b5 9.Nd5 Be7 10.Bxf6 Bxf6 11.c3 Bg5 12.Nc2 and 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3. d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e5 6.Ndb5 d6 7.Bg5 a6 8.Na3 b5 9.Bxf6 gxf6 10.Nd5 f5.
- Video playing time: 3 h 43 min
- System Requirements:
- Pentium Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows XP,/Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard.