Grandmaster Preparation: Strategic Play - Aagaard
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Grandmaster Preparation: Strategic Play - Aagaard.
In Strategic Play Jacob Aagaard digs deep into the most complex area of chess thinking. The games and exercises in this book transcend regular chess skills, such as pattern recognition, calculation and positional analysis. Building on the two previous books in the Grandmaster Preparation series, this book challenges the reader to explore the complexities of chess, offering clarity and understanding through Aagaard's straightforward approach. Grandmaster Jacob Aagaard won the British Championship at his first and only attempt. He is the only chess author to have received the Boleslavsky Medal as well as the Guardian, ECF and ChessCafe Book of the Year awards. He is a FIDE Senior Trainer, and on his retirement from professional chess he has taken up the post of trainer for the Danish elite. His training material is used by amateurs, grandmasters and World Champions alike. The Grandmaster Preparation series is aimed at ambitious players.
- 304 Pages
- Publisher: Quality
- Published: March, 2013
- "One of the most influential authors gives insight in a grandmaster's laboratory! Superb! These books might be the best books on the market, aiming at players above master level! Without exaggeration it's your own fault if you don't purchase these books. If you want to be the best, you need the best. Here you have it so get it and start mastering chess. Rating: 6/6 Highly recommended!" - Lukas Wedrychowski, DailyChess.org
- "The best three chess books: The brilliant Grandmaster Preparation series (Strategic Play, Positional Play and Calculation), which I would warmly recommend to anyone wanting to reach the next step with their chess." - James Adair, CHESS Magazine
- "In any case it is fun to work with this book. The clear understandable examples and positions will stick in your mind. Explanations are at a high level with Aagaard still managing to keep his feet on the ground. For me, a really great workbook that leaves no wish unfulfilled!" - Martin Rieger
- "Grandmaster Jacob Aagaard digs in this beautifully made hardcover book into the world of calculation, prophylaxis, pattern recognition, positional analyses and more. This all is well explained by means of excellent analyses, game clippings, complete games and exercises... Conclusion: One of those book that help you to become a player of master strength!" - John Elburg