My Best Games in the Sicilian - Shirov
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About My Best Games in the Sicilian - Shirov.
Since 1992, Alexei Shirov has belonged to the best players in the world. Within a very short period he established himself as one of the absolute top guns, reaching rank 4 in the FIDE rating list and a rating of 2751 Elo. Many of his brilliant games are characterized by his famous uncompromising attacking play, often leading to a finish that comes as a surprise not only to the opponent, but also the spectators. Now the genius from Riga presents and explains his best games in a series of training DVDs in the Chess Media System. On this DVD, Shirov focuses on his most outstanding achievements in the Sicilian (except the Najdorf which is dealt with on a separate DVD), a personal selection combining highest chess quality with aesthetic pleasure. His lectures are designed to not only explain the different opening lines, but also to present interesting and sometimes perplexing ideas and sacrifices in the middle game.
- Intro & Kan Variation (40:33)
- Taimanov Variation (34:51)
- Paulsen System (30:03)
- Sveshnikov Variation (23:10)
- Rossolimo Variation 1 (31:04)
- Rossolimo Variation 2 (30:48)
- Richter-Rauzer Attack 1 (16:38)
- Richter-Rauzer Attack 2 (23:19)