Simple Checkmates - Gilliam
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Simple Checkmates - Gilliam.
Here is the classic guide to winning chess for beginners. Recommended by chess coaches the world over, it presents a wide range of specific chess positions and asks the reader to find the next move or series of moves that lead to checkmate — with two diagrams per page and the answers spelled out underneath.
The beauty of Simple Checkmates is that it turns learning into a game. It’s fun, it’s fascinating, it’s fundamental — an invaluable tool for anyone who wants not only to play chess, but to win at chess. With more than 430 diagrams in all, this book is certain to take you — or your children — to a whole new level op play.
- 240 Pages
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Published: April, 1996