Receive your order on time for Christmas! (View Cart for Details)Product Code: 6383
Starting Out: The Pirc/Modern - Gallagher
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 8946 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About Starting Out: The Pirc/Modern - Gallagher.
The very closely linked Pirc and Modern Defenses are dynamic systems that are favored by ambitious, counter-attacking players. Black plays very much in a hyper-modern fashion, allowing White to build an unopposed pawn center with the idea of plotting its eventual downfall. In this new book, Grandmaster Joe Gallagher goes back to basics, studying the fundamental principles of the Pirc/Modern and its numerous variations. Throughout the book there are plenty of notes, tips and warnings to guide the improving player, while important strategies, ideas and tactics for both sides are clearly illustrated.
- User-friendly design to help readers absorb ideas
- Concentrates on the key principles of the Pirc and Modern
- Ideal for the improving player
- 192 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2003
- Notation: Figurine Notation