The ABC of the Modern Benoni - Martin
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About The ABC of the Modern Benoni - Martin.
The Modern Benoni is one of the sharpest and most controversial replies to 1 d4. Black voluntarily heads for an unbalanced pawn structure in which he has a the serious defect of a weak, backward pawn on d6 and hands White a central pawn majority. In return Black gets active pieces and a potentially mobile queenside pawn majority. This trade-off invariably leads to razor-sharp play. On this Chessbase DVD, International Master Andrew Martin will teach you all the nuts and bolts of this fascinating opening, showing you when to duck and when to punch with Black. he also tackles some of the most critical move-orders in current practice. The opening is dissected, so that players of all levels will learn how the Black position ticks and the typical ideas that White may adopt to try to put the Benoni out of business. In the final analysis, this is an inspiring tour which will encourage you to try this opening yourself!
International Master Andrew Martin is 50 years old and is the current manager of coaching for the English Chess Federation. This is his twelfth DVD for Chessbase. He lives in England and has four children,two boys and two girls. He is renowned for his clear and easy-to-understand didactic teaching style.
- Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard