The ABC of the Ruy Lopez (2nd edition) - Martin
About the The ABC of the Ruy Lopez (2nd edition) - Martin
The venerable Ruy Lopez is one of the most interesting of chess openings. In this diverse and instructive DVD, International Master Andrew Martin explains how the opening works, with the help of mostly recent, complete master games, although there are some classics too! The most important ideas are highlighted and there are some repertoire suggestions, all presented in the light, easy, relaxed style for which this author is noted. Note that this edition includes a 2009 update featuring a significant contribution on how to play against the Berlin Defence amongst other new ideas.
Author Andrew Martin is 51 years old and lives in Yateley, England. He is the Manager of Coaching for the English Chess Federation.
- Ruy Lopez Update 1 / Berlin Defence ; Zude - Strache 24:01 min
- Ruy Lopez Update 2 / Berlin Defence ; Shirov - Levin 10.28 min
- Ruy Lopez Update 3 / Berlin Defence ; Stellwagen - Carlsen 16.53 min
- Ruy Lopez Update 4 / Schliemann Defence ; Carlsen - Radjabov 11:12min
- Ruy Lopez Update 5 / Gajewski Variation ; Le Gallo - Kosten 11:09 min
- Ruy Lopez Update 6 / Steinitz Variation ; Tiviakov - Eljanov 8:25 min
- Ruy Lopez Update Outro 0:17 min
System requirements Pentium-Processor at 300 Mhz or higher, 64 MB RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, DVD drive, mouse, soundcard