The Complete Book of Chess Strategy - Silman
- FREE Shipping on $75+ orders to U.S. 48 states
- Safe Packaging and Worldwide Shipping
- Satisfaction Guaranteed, easy returns up to 6 months
- Available, friendly help 1-800-348-4749
- 9,259 people rated Chess House 4.7 of 5 stars
About The Complete Book of Chess Strategy - Silman.
The Complete Book of Chess Strategy is an amateur's dream come true! Due to the overwhelming amount of strategic and tactical ideas in chess, students of the game buy dozens of chess books but still find it impossible to isolate the key points. Seeing the problems his students faced, Mr. Silman has created the first comprehensive strategic guide in dictionary form. Now all aspects of chess strategy, tactics, basic opening and endgame ideas, and even psychology are painlessly accessible to players of all degrees of strength. Each concept is listed alphabetically, accompanied by a clear, easy-to-absorb explanation and and example.
Studying has never been easier! Take this book to work, on vacation or, if you're a serious competitive player, to all your tournaments. The world's best players make regular use of this information. With everything presented in simple, easy-to-understand language, Grandmaster techniques can finally become your techniques too.
Author International Chess Master Jeremy Silman is a world-class teacher, writer and player who has won the American Open, the National Open and the U.S. Open. The author of thirty-two best-selling chess books, he has also written dozens of articles that have appeared in magazines throughout the world. For the past several years, Mr. Silman has been the coach of the U.S. delegation to the World Junior Championship, taking his team to Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Hungary, and Spain.
- 360 Pages
- Publisher: Siles
- Published: 1999
- Notation: Algebraic Notation
- "This book has everything you will ever need to know about the basic building blocks of chess strategy, tactics, and psychology." - Tal Shaked, International Grandmaster