Winning Chess Openings, 4th Ed. - Seirawan
About the Winning Chess Openings, 4th Ed. - Seirawan
Start every game with confidence! The two greatest challenges for beginning chess players are not only to survive the openings phase, but also to choose appropriate attack and defense formations in the process. Winning Chess Openings shows you how to do both. In Yasser Seirawan's entertaining, easy-to-follow style, you're shown formations that can be used with other White or Black pieces.
- build a safe house for a king
- estimate losses of ten moves or fewer
- utilize the elements: time, force, space and pawn structure
- plan strategy based on time-tested opening principles
- employ a defense for Black against any White opening
- apply an opening for White used by World Champions.
- 256 Pages
- Publisher: Everyman
- Published: 2003
- Notation: Algebraic Notation