The Club Chess Set Combo
Select A Board
Select Optional Accessories
About the The Club Chess Set Combo
The "Club series" chessmen are the most well known Staunton design used in clubs throughout the country. This set has been designed to withstand rigorous practical play while maintaining elegance. The design, quality, and craftsmanship are superior to most chessmen in its price range.
The sturdy club style design is heavily weighted and has no delicate points to break or chip. The pieces are felted for smooth play and to protect the wooden chessboard.
The mahogany wood chessboard is smoothly finished and offers coordinates that help in recording games on chess notation books or replaying and reviewing your own games or those of famous players.
If pieces are ever lost or broken, just contact Chess House. That's just one of the many benefits of buying from a store that will recognize your set and be able to replaces pieces in most cases many years later.
- 3 3/4" King
- 1 1/2" Base
- 32 Pieces + 2 Extra queens for that occasional pawn promotion
- Green felt bases
- Ebonized Boxwood is created when Boxwood is specially stained to the black appearance similar to the desirable Ebony wood. This is ideal for those who like the black contrast at a reasonable price. The light pieces are finished in clear-stain Boxwood as with most sets of chess pieces.
- Made in India
- Handcrafted in India by a firm with excellent craftsmen and no child labor, you can enjoy these responsibly sourced chess pieces will be enjoyed for years.
- Board size: 19"
- Square size: 2"
- Mahogany and Birch veneer finish
- Made in Poland
- Felt pads to protect a table surface